Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Other Side: Introduction

Hello everyone! I am a guest blogger here to occasionally offer the other perspective: what it's like to be an Indian female dating a white male. I am a first generation Indian female desperately fighting to carry on Indian culture and traditions. Some may think that dating a white male will prohibit me from carrying on my culture, but I beg to differ. Dating someone who is of a different culture than mine has given me a real chance to let my Indian background shine. I am always thrilled to explain a new holiday to my boyfriend or to cook him a different type of Indian food. Luckily, my boyfriend is extremely interested in my culture, and had that not been the case I don't think we'd be together. A sheer willingness to learn about something new makes an interracial relationship that much more exciting. I hope to offer my side of certain issues and arguments from time to time. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment