Sunday, April 25, 2010

Religion

In my experience, religion has surprisingly been one of the easiest issues for us to overcome. Despite growing up in a small Midwestern town and attending a Catholic school for eight years, I don’t consider myself to be incredibly engulfed in organized religion. Likewise for my girlfriend, who is Hindu and also does not feel a significant attachment to her religion.

We both believe in God and our religious traditions are quite different, but I think it’s important to recognize that neither of our beliefs are right or wrong. In fact, I would make the argument that religion is largely a simple matter of geography and what part of the world your family is from; but that topic is for another blog post.



Jesus and Krishna

For the purposes of an interracial relationship, it’s absolutely vital that both people have an open mind. If you’re convinced your religion is the only right one, then you should really reconsider getting into a relationship outside of your faith. I’ll get into further detail in later posts regarding the differences we’ve come across, as a Catholic and a Hindu, but I think it’s important to introduce the topic of religion and how important it is to keep an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment